Documented environmental objectives and targets be established, implemented and maintained by the organization. The objectives and targets:
- Should be established and implemented at the various functions and levels
- within the organization (line operations through management);
- Should be measurable where feasible;
- Take into account the legal and other requirements, and significant
- environmental aspects;
- Should consider short-term and long-term issues;
- Should be developed with consideration being given to:
- Technological options;
- Financial, operational, and business requirements; and
- The views of interested parties such as stockholders, community groups, regulatory agencies, and environmental groups;
- Should be consistent with the organization’s environmental policy, with specific consideration given to prevention of pollution and to continual improvement.
The organization is to establish, implement and maintain a program(s) to achieve the objectives and targets. The environmental programs must:
- Identify who within the organization will be responsible and accountable for achieving the stated objectives and targets; and
- Establish how and when the objectives and targets are to be achieved.
Objectives, Targets, & Programs Procedure