Effective Monday, May 18, 2020, Petersburg Public Library will begin drive-thru service for customers to conveniently pick up items on hold. The drive-thru will be open every Monday - Friday from 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
To place items on hold, customers can call 804-451-3998 and leave a detailed message or visit the online Library Catalog at www.ppls.org. For use of the online catalog, customers will need to use their library card number and PIN (the PIN is the last four digits of the library card number).
Anyone in need of a Petersburg Public Library card can be issued one during drive- thru hours and will need to bring a photo ID.
Drive-Thru Checkout Details:
• Holds may be placed through the library’s catalog or by calling 804-451-3998 at any time.
• Holds may be picked up at the drive thru Monday - Friday between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
• If holds are placed Monday - Thursday by 12:00 noon, they will be available at the drive-thru by 10:00 a.m. the following day.
• Items placed on hold over the weekend will be available by 10:00 a.m. on Monday. Weekend holds will be pulled first thing Monday morning.
• When returned items fill a hold, the person who placed the hold will be called by a staff member to inform them that the hold has arrived and to provide pick-up details.
• Library Cards may be issued and renewed at the drive-thru.
Drive-Thru Return Details:
• In compliance with CDC recommendations, returned items will be under a 72-hour quarantine before handling.
• Items will be returned through the return slot at the drive-thru, where they will be collected in one of four bins.
• Each day, the bins will be rotated out and replaced with an empty one.
• After 3 days, the bins will be emptied, the items sanitized with wipes and then the items will be checked in.