News Flash Home
The original item was published from 12/30/2017 10:00:31 AM to 4/2/2018 12:05:09 AM.
Posted on: December 30, 2017
[ARCHIVED] How to protect pipes in freezing temperatures
How to Prevent Frozen Pipes
- Keep garage doors closed if there are water supply lines in the garage.
- Open kitchen and bathroom cabinet doors to allow warmer air to circulate around the plumbing.
- Allow cold water to drip from the faucet served by exposed pipes. Running water through the pipe - even at a trickle - helps prevent pipes from freezing.
- Keep the thermostat set to the same temperature both during the day and at night.
- If you will be going away during cold weather, leave the heat on in your home, set to a temperature no lower than 55° F.
Video: How to protect pipes in freezing temperatures