Petersburg Area Transit will implement the “Snow Route Schedule” beginning at 11:45 a.m., Friday, January 22. Petersburg Area Transit (PAT) buses will go onto snow routes to avoid dangerous streets that are challenging to navigate in inclement Winter Weather. Please anticipate buses to be delayed between 5-10 minutes then published schedules. Service hours will remain from 6:15a.m. to 6:15 p.m, unless otherwise released.
The Snow Routes are listed below:
• Washington St.- Summit Point Apartments, Spring St. and Ferndale Ave. areas not serviceable
• Halifax St.- Patterson St. Area and Custer St. area areas not serviceable
• Lee Ave - Pecan Acres, Lee Ave., Youngs Rd. and Greenwood Farms areas not serviceable
• Mall/Plaza - Colston St. and Morton Ave. areas not serviceable
• Ettrick – VSU areas not serviceable
• South Park Mall – may have side street detours
• South Crater Rd.- Battlefield Park and Oakhurst areas not serviceable
• Blandford- Pin Oaks, Petersburg East and Old Wythe St. areas not serviceable
• Walnut Hill- Johnson Rd., South Blvd., North Blvd., Filmore St. and Jefferson St. areas not serviceable
• 460 County Dr.- Stedman Dr., Pine Tree Apartments, McDonalds and Berkeley Manor areas not serviceable
• City of Hopewell – may have side street detours
• Downtown Trolley – may have side street detours
• Virginia Ave. – will not be a serviceable route (any passenger needing this area must take the Halifax St. Bus)
PAT will remain on snow routes through the end of the day. If road conditions remain hazardous for buses, PAT may choose to reduce service hours to last service run at 5:15 pm. Paratransit Service is available but operating on a delayed schedule.
PAT is also staffed to provide frequent, real-time customer alerts through the PAT Route Shout mobile app. Please visit www.petersburgva.gov, follow the City on Twitter @PetersburgV, Facebook and stay tuned to local radio and television stations. For more information, contact the PAT Customer Information Line at (804) 733-2413 or (804) 733-2450.