Petersburg City Council is now accepting interest letters and resumes for the Ward 7 Council Member position.
• Must be a qualified voter (person who is entitled to vote under the Virginia Constitution & is properly registered to vote) in Petersburg for Ward 7.
• Has resided in the district (Ward 7) for which he/she is appointed thirty days next preceding his/her appointment.
Position description includes, but is not limited to:
• Review and approve the annual budget
• Establish long- and short-term objectives and priorities
• Establish tax rates
• Pass ordinances and resolutions
• Modify the city’s charter
• Communicate policies and programs to residents
• Respond to constituent needs and complaints
• Represent the community to other levels of government
Please submit information to the Clerk of Council, Nykesha Jackson, via mail (135 N. Union St., Petersburg, VA 23803), email firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax (804-548-4145). The deadline for interest letters and resumes' is November 14, 2021.