- Know your departure time, always keep a PAT schedule handy while traveling.
- Have exact change ready for deposit into the farebox. Drivers are not allowed to make change. Violation of this rule makes operator subject to dismissal.
- Request transfers only when boarding the bus. Remember, they are only good for one hour.
- To be eligible for the half-fare rate during non-peak hours, have your Petersburg Area Transit identification card ready to show driver when boarding the bus.
- Previous cards issued by the Crater District Agency for Aging will still be honored.
- Enter by the front door and exit from the rear.
- Always watch your step when entering or disembarking from the bus.
- Please do not eat, drink or smoke while riding the bus.
- Front seats should be saved for the elderly and handicapped; if all seats are filled, please volunteer your seat to a handicapped or elderly person as he/she boards.
- If all seats are occupied, please move to the rear of the bus; this makes it easier for other passengers to board and speeds service for everyone.
- When the bus approaches your destination, pull the cord above the window in time for the driver to make a smooth stop. Remain in your seat until the bus has come to a complete stop, then exit by the rear door.
- The sign above the windshield shows the name of the route on which the bus is traveling. Before you get on the bus, be sure to read the destination sign to make sure the bus is going where you want to go. If you have any questions, the bus driver can help.
- Please remove earphones from ears whereas no radios or walk-men are allowed to be played while riding the bus.
- No cellular telephone communication is allowed while riding the bus.
- Have a comment or complaint? Want to issue a commendation? Have you lost something on the bus? Call the PAT information operator and they'll get results from you.
- Driver may refuse service to those not observing posted rules or whose behavior is hazardous to vehicle or passenger safety.