Mayor Brian Moore
Cogency Industries Incorporated January 2010 to Present
Founder and President
Provide telecommunications consulting services, network design, building infrastructure systems design, and wireless network design and implementation to the greater Richmond region.
Technology Consultant January 2009 to January 2010
Provide telecommunications consulting services, network design, building infrastructure systems design, and wireless network design and implementation to statewide political campaigns and local businesses.
ManTech International Corporation 1997 to 2008
Managed multiple projects for more than ten years at the Defense Commissary Agency.
The Library of Virginia 1995 to 1997
Assistant Division Director
Managed the Network and Engineering Services Branch, and was responsible for all internal and external communications for over 90 public libraries and 4,000 users throughout the Commonwealth.
Virginia Parole Board 1993 to 1995
Manager, Systems Development and Training
Managed and maintained all mission-critical applications for the Parole Board.
Strategic Integrated Technologies Incorporated 1992 to 1993
Created and maintained software for the Frequent Delivery/ Direct Store Delivery System for the Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA).
ECI Systems and Engineering Incorporated 1989 to 1992
Provided system analysis, design, and instruction for the U.S. Army Engineers Integrated Facility System - Mini/Micro (IFS-M), and deployed the system to installation in Continental United States (CONUS).
Synoptic Systems Corporation 1985 to 1989
Systems Analyst Team Chief
Supervised instruction teams in technical conversion and functional training for the Standard Army Retail Supply System- Interim (SARSS-I) to army units worldwide on the Unisys B26 microcomputer in combat and non-combat theater of operations.
Project Management Certificate, University of Richmond, Robbins School of Business, Management Institute, 2005
Bachelor of Arts, Managerial Economics, Hampden-Sydney College, 1985
Garfield Senior High School, Dale City, Virginia, 1981
- Mayor, City of Petersburg, elected January, 2011
- Petersburg City Council member, elected 2004, re-elected 2008
- Chairman Emeritus, Petersburg Public Library Foundation, Inc.
- Subcommittee Member, The Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Commission, Commonwealth of Virginia
- Member, Sons of the American Legion, Post 2, Petersburg, Virginia
- Recipient of Alpha Phi Alpha Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Legacy Award for Political Affairs for 2009
- Past Member, Board of Directors, Junior Achievement of Central Virginia
- Member, Sons of the American Legion, Post # 2, Petersburg, Virginia
- Advisor, Army Community Heritage Partnership, Fort Lee, Virginia
- Past Member, Physical and Visual Linkages committee, Army Community Heritage Partnership, Fort Lee, Virginia
- Member, Virginia Municipal League >
- Vice-Chair, Virginia Municipal League General Laws Policy Committee
- Member, National League of Cities
- Alternate Member, Metropolitan Richmond Air Quality Committee,
- Virginia Department of Environmental Quality
- Past President, McKesson Farms Neighborhood Association
- Leviton Certified Residential Telecommunications/Video/Security Systems Installer
- Past Member, Building Industry Consulting Services International
- Past Member, Society of Logistic Engineers
- Past Member, Board of Directors, McKesson Farms Neighborhood Association
- Former Vice-President, Walnut Hill Parent Teachers Association
- Former Co-Chair, Principal's Advisory Council, Vernon Johns Middle School