Petersburg Area Transit
Fare Free Service
Petersburg Area Transit is providing fare free service until further notice. This includes all fixed route and para-transit services.
Petersburg Area Transit (PAT) is committed to improving the riding experience and availability of public transportation in the Southside region for local residents, businesses and visitors of Petersburg, Hopewell, Colonial Heights and the surrounding counties. Petersburg Area Transit transports on average 57,000 passengers a month, aiming to connect people, jobs, and communities. PAT offers connections to downtown Richmond through GRTC and the greater United States via Greyhound from the Petersburg Multimodal Passenger Station.
Americans With Disabilities Act
- PAT is committed to making reasonable modifications in policies, practices, or procedures when such accommodations are necessary to avoid discrimination on the basis of disability.
- Requests for reasonable accommodations should be made during the para-transit eligibility process, through customer service inquires, by calling 804-324-5658 through the ADA complaint Procedure.
- Accessible formats to requests reasonable accommodations may be made available upon request.
A service animal is any guide dog, signal dog, or other animal individually trained to work or perform tasks for an individual with a disability. The use of a service animal must be identified on the ADA Application. To ride the Petersburg Area Transit:
- The animal must remain under the control of the owner and behave appropriately.
- The animal must remain at your feet or on your lap. It may not sit on a vehicle seat.
- The animal must not be aggressive toward people or other animals.
- You are responsible for any damage caused by the animal. (49 CFR 37.167 (d))
Petersburg Area Transit (PAT) Title VI Program
The City of Petersburg, Virginia operates its programs and services without regard to race, color, and national origin in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act. Any person who believes she or he has been aggrieved by any unlawful discriminatory practice under Title VI may file a complaint with the City of Petersburg, Virginia.
- A claimant may file directly with the Federal Transit Administration by filing a complaint with the Office of Civil Rights.
Please write: Attention: Title VI Program Coordinator
East Building, 5th Floor-TCR, 1200 New Jersey Ave., SE,
Washington, DC 20590
- For Title VI Complaint Forms please go to P.A.T. Customer Service 100 West Washington Street, Petersburg, Virginia 23803
- For more information on the City of Petersburg, Virginia civil rights program, and the procedures to file a complaint, please contact: Queenie Byrd the Administrative Manager/Program Administration at 804.733.2460.
- PAT Title VI Program
- PAT Title VI Program (Español)
- Title VI Complaint Form
Notificación de los derechos del público bajo el Titulo VI
La ciudad de Petersburg, Virginia opera sus programas y servicios sin importar raza, color y origen nacional de acuerdo al Titulo VI del Acto de Derecho Civil. Cualquier persona que crea que el o ella ha sido agraviada por alguna práctica ilegal discriminatoria bajo el Titulo VI puede llenar una queja a la Ciudad de Petersburg, Virginia.
Para mas información del programa de los Derechos Civiles de la Ciudad de Petersburg y los procedimientos de llenar quejas, contacte:
100 West Washington Street, Petersburg, Virginia 23803.
Una queja puede ser llenada directamente con la Administración Federal de Tránsito, llenando la queja con la oficina de derechos Civiles,Atencion: Coordinator del Programa del Titulo VI, East Building, 5th Floor-TCR, 1200 New Jersey Ave., SE, Washington, DC 20590