The mission of Social Services is to deliver quality services to people in our community that will promote self-sufficiency, responsibility, and safety.
- Personal accountability for actions, outcomes, and process improvement
- Respect for ourselves, our clients, and each other
- Dedication to the people we serve
- Honesty and integrity
The Petersburg Department of Social Services will begin winter hours of operations beginning Monday January 3, 2022. The winter hours will be Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 4:30pm. Regular hours will resume Monday March 14, 2022 with the on-set of Daylight Saving Time.
- Regular services will still be available.
- Appointments will be scheduled daily.
- Walk-in customers will be seen from 1:00pm to 4:00pm daily.
- EBT cards pickups will continue to be scheduled daily from 10:30am to 12:00pm and from 1:00pm to 3:00pm.
Appointments can be scheduled by phone at 804 861-4720 or via email at email@example.com
Please note that on the following holidays the Petersburg Department of Social Services will be closed:
|New Year's Day||Labor Day|
|Lee-Jackson Day||Columbus Day|
|Martin Luther King, Jr. Birthday||Election Day|
|George Washington Day||Veterans Day|
|Memorial Day||Thanksgiving Day (including the Friday after Thanksgiving)|
|Juneteenth||Winter Holiday (December 24 & 25)|